Quick Chickpea Curry
This dish is very quick to make. Serve with anything you fancy: rice, chapattis, other veggie dishes, or even toast and salad!
As a variation add spinach leaves along with the chickpeas and allow to wilt.
Free from: gluten, nut, soya, wheat, yeast
This is a vegan recipe
- rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 inch ginger (peeled and finely chopped or grated)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp each of ground coriander, turmeric
- 350 g jar of rustic passata (or tin of tomatoes)
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained)
- salt (to taste)
Fry the cumin seeds in oil until they become fragrant then add the ginger and garlic. Fry for a few minutes then add the rest of the spices.
If using a tin of tomatoes, pulse them in a food processor to make a chunky sauce. Add this, or the rustic passata, to the spices. Add the drained chickpeas and cook for a few minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
Season to taste and serve.