Oil Free Sauté Veg
I regularly sauté veg in a little soy sauce and some spices, then serve as part of a salad and grain bowl or on toast. You can also serve as a side dish to go with anything.
The main picture shows sauté kale and mushroom but you can use all sorts of different veg. Add in tofu, cooked beans or cooked chickpeas for extra protein, and for a more juicy sauce pop in a little rustic passata or salsa just before serving.
Free from: nut, oil
Gluten, wheat free: sauté in Tamari sauce instead of regular soy sauce
Soya free: sauté in water or stock instead of soy sauce, and don’t use tofu
Yeast free: sauté in water or a suitable stock instead of soy sauce
This is a vegan recipe
- 1 handful mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 handful kale (chopped)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp each of paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander and garlic granules
- chopped garlic and chillis (to taste)
- legumes (such as tinned beans / chickpeas, sprouted beans and seeds, smoked / fermented tofu) (optional)
- 1 tbsp rustic passata or salsa (optional)
In a non stick pan add the soy sauce, spices and veg. Cook slowly and add a little water as the pan dries out.
When everything is cooked add legumes and rustic passata / salsa if using. Allow everything to warm through then serve.