Oil Free Sauté Veg
I regularly sauté veg in a little diluted soy sauce. It’s great as part of a grain bowl or on toast, though you can serve this as a side dish to go with anything.
You can use all sorts of different veg. Add in tofu, cooked beans or cooked chickpeas for extra protein.
Free from: nut
Gluten, wheat free: use tamari or suitable stock instead of soy sauce
Soya free: use suitable stock or water instead of soy sauce
Yeast free: use liquid aminos or suitable stock instead of soy sauce; steer clear of sprouted beans
This is a vegan recipe
- veggies: such as mushrooms, kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli (sliced)
- 1 tsp soy sauce plus a splash of water
- 1/4 tsp each of paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander and garlic granules
- chopped garlic and chillis (to taste)
- legumes: such as tinned beans, chickpeas, tofu, sprouted beans (optional)
In a non stick pan add the diluted soy sauce, spices and veg. Cook on medium. Add a little water if the pan dries out.
When everything is cooked add the legumes if using, warm through, then serve.