Oil Free Creamy Curry
I use Biona light coconut milk for this dish. Serve with brown rice.
Free from: gluten, nut, oil, soya, wheat, yeast
This is a vegan recipe
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp each of ground cinnamon, garlic granules, dried ginger
- black pepper (to taste)
- 150 g potatoes (chopped into inch cubes)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- chilli flakes (to taste)
- 1 400g tin light coconut milk
- salt (to taste)
- 1 small head of broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 3 good handfuls butternut squash (skin removed and cut into batons)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
Add a good splash of water to a non stick pan and bring to the boil. Add the onion, cloves, garlic, cinnamon, garlic granules, dried ginger and a good twist of black pepper. Cook on a medium-high heat until the onion is soft. Stir constantly and keep adding water to stop the pan from drying out.
Add the potatoes, turmeric, chilli and coconut milk, then season with salt. Turn down the heat, cover the pan and cook for around 5 minutes until the potato is almost cooked through. When a knife is inserted into the potato there should be a little give.
Add the broccoli and butternut squash and continue to cook until all the vegetables are soft but not mushy. Add the frozen peas and lemon or lime juice. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with rice.