This is a quick and easy oil free, tomato-based soup. Feel free to swap in different varieties of veggies.
Free from: nut, oil, soya, yeast
Gluten, wheat free: use suitable spaghetti
This is a vegan recipe
- water or stock
- 1 tsp each of garlic granules, onion granules, Italian seasoning
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stick (finely chopped)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 medium butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 1 courgette (chopped)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 good handfuls kale (finely chopped)
- 1 small handful spaghetti
- 2 tins beans (here I use butter beans and haricot beans)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
Cover the onion and celery with water or stock and add in the garlic, dried onion and Italian seasoning. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 5 minutes until the veg is almost cooked.
Add in the carrot and continue to cook until it too is starting to soften. If at any time during cooking the soup gets too dry, add some boiled water.
Add the courgette and butternut squash and cook until just soft.
Add the tinned tomatoes and the kale, then break in the spaghetti. Again if there isn’t enough water, add more. Continue to cook until the pasta is just cooked.
Add the frozen peas and drained tinned beans. Season to taste and serve.