Super speedy stewed fruit.
Free from: gluten, nuts, soya, wheat
Yeast free: fruit carries yeast on the skin so varieties that can be peeled will be safest (apple, plum, pear, nectarine…etc)
This is a vegan recipe
This is a really simple way of making fruit a bit more interesting.
- 1 apple (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries such as blueberries (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped dried fruit (optional)
- pinch ground cinnamon or mixed spice (optional)
- splash orange juice (optional)
Pop the chopped apple (and spices if using) in a microwaveable bowl. Cover and microwave for a couple of minutes. Keep checking to make sure it doesn't dry out. If it does dry out add a splash of water or orange juice.
Once the apple is starting to soften add frozen berries and / or dried fruit (if using) and microwave for a couple more minutes.