Oil Free Creamy Hummus
I used to make hummus with quite a bit of oil but you can easily replace the oil with water.
There are countless variations of this recipe:
- replace the chickpeas with other legumes such as sprouted beans, canellini or borlotti beans
- add in vegetables such as cooked beetroot, spinach or roasted red peppers
- add herbs and spices such as coriander leaf, ground coriander, ground cumin, paprika, turmeric and / or chilli flakes
I use a desert spoon to measure the tahini because our tablespoons don’t fit in the jar, then I use the same spoon for the lemon juice.
Free from: gluten, nut, soya, wheat, yeast
This is a vegan recipe
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained)
- 2 desert spoonfuls tahini
- 1 desert spoonful lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic granules
- salt (to taste)
Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor. Add water a little at a time to produce the correct consistency: about 3 tablespoonful should do it. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.