Sweet Chickpea Cakes
These little chickpea cakes are really moreish: it’s ok to eat loads though because they’re so healthy! Full of plant protein from the chickpeas and nut butter, these vegan cakes are a real treat.
Free from: oil, soya, wheat
Gluten free: use gluten free oats
Yeast free: substitute dates for a suitable sweetener such as coconut sugar. Add a tablespoon at a time until you achieve desired sweetness
This is a vegan recipe
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained, rinsed and patted dry)
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 heaped tbsp nut butter (such as almond or peanut)
- 4 medjool dates (pitted and chopped)
- pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- chopped nuts or dried fruit (optional)
Blitz all the ingredients together in a food processor.
If you want to spruce up your cakes with additions such as chopped nuts or dried fruit then stir these into your batter now.
Pour the thick batter into a lined 1lb loaf tin and press down flat.
Bake in a preheated oven at about 180C for 30-40 minutes until the cake is dry on the top.
Cool then slice into 10 squares.