This stew is very versatile: use whatever tinned beans you have and swap in or out different veggies depending on what’s in the fridge.
Free from: gluten, nut, soya, wheat, yeast
This is a vegan recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped potato (leave the skin on)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into cm cubes)
- 1 stick of celery (chopped)
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 good handful mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp each of paprika, garlic granules, onion granules
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tins beans (drained)
- 1 handful leafy greens (such as kale) (tough stalks removed and chopped)
Add all the ingredients except the beans and leafy greens to an oven dish with a lid. Stir, lid on and into the oven at 180C for an hour. Check on it from time to time.
After an hour’s cooking the veg should be almost cooked. Add the drained beans and the leafy greens, pop the lid back on and cook for a further 15-20 minutes to allow the greens to wilt.
For a thicker stew, remove a cupful and blitz in a liquidise. Add this back to the rest of the pot and serve.